It is pretty common to see the expression “Meditation Station” on social media when you go on links that have to do with yoga and meditation. I really like the expression! To me, it signals a space you create for yourself to come back to you. As not everyone is into meditation and we all, in one way or the other, need a space to come back to ourselves for our overall wellbeing, I thought I would use the expression “Reset Station” for what I am about to write.
With the ups and downs happening in everyone’s life (no-one’s excluded), how do you care for yourself to feel grounded and calm on a daily basis? ie. what is your reset station? It could be anything. Maybe it is the cup of tea or coffee you have in the morning in a cosy chair or your garden. Perhaps it is your daily walk in nature, a sport you enjoy, a weekly yoga class, etc. Your reset station is the space you have for yourself that brings presence and wellbeing.
The more I notice what gives me a feeling of wellbeing, the more reset stations I add to my day or week. I believe it is really important to feel well! When you feel well you feel lighter about life and life reflects this back to you. It is a win-win situation.
We all have our own individual reset stations – here I am sharing mine:
- dog walks in nature – gives me presence and peace
- yoga – frees my body, energises me and makes me feel happy
- meditation – frees my mind and increases my awareness so I can have more calmness and see with clarity
- breath awareness – gives me immediate access to presence
- tennis – just fun! And I’ve got to stay present to play well
- cold shower in the morning – wakes me up and makes me feel super alive
- legs up the wall at night – improves circulation flow and is goodness to my body before sleep
- cryo therapy – teaches me to stay present whatever the external condition, in addition to making me feel super light and well in my body
- spiritual teachings – teaches me consciousness, my purpose
Go for a good life with compassion to yourself and others. Less seriousness, more fun and play. Become aware of what your reset stations are, and go there to live with more ease.