The other morning I woke up with a big smile. I had had a really special dream! In my dream I had felt appreciation for everything that happened. This is my aim in daily life so I felt pretty amazed it could happen during my sleep. While dreaming I had been present enough to remind myself to appreciate everything. There had been no complaining, impatience or a wish for things to be different. I had felt gratitude in the moment in the dream.
I quickly wrote down a few notes in order not to forget about it. Here is the dream and the appreciation that kept kicking in:
- I am out skiing with three friends. We are skiing down a big mountain, taking our time and having a lot of fun.
- In the dream I remember acknowledging I am not feeling particularly good at skiing but that it doesn’t matter. I feel so happy being exactly where I am.
- We are only out skiing for one day and there are clouds in the sky but it doesn’t bother me – I am thinking how lucky there is no fog around and that visibility is great.
- I am not afraid to fall. I appreciate how my body feels strong enough and that I can move with ease. When I suddenly fall I just laugh.
- At a certain time in the dream about fifteen skiers come down the mountain at high speed. They are dressed in really cool, red ski gear, they have white helmets on and look super professional. We quickly understand they are out training with their skiing instructor. We stop to watch them. They look amazing in the way they move down the mountain. I remember becoming aware that I am not comparing myself to them or judging myself for not being as good as them or having that same cool gear. I am enjoying the sight of them and feeling lucky that I am out skiing too.
- I remember appreciating I am neither cold or too warm in my clothing, it is just perfect.
- I am loving the fact that I feel no responsibility to take charge. I just trust. I don’t need to know exactly where we are on the mountain, where we are going, what time it is or when the sun is going down. I remember feeling so grateful for being exactly where I am in that moment.
- We are skiing all the way down to where our car is parked to drive back to where we are staying. Instead of thinking I want to ski more, I am tired, I am so hungry, or why do I have to sit in the back seat… As I go into the back seat I am smiling and can’t believe my luck for that beautiful day.
And then I wake up in a great mood.
Please can appreciation go on forever?
I wish you well! Annette X